Monday 21 December 2020

Twitter Game Chapter 1 Complete - I Need YOU

Hi okay so. It took about 4 months when I planned about 4 weeks, but the first episode of my Twitter RPG is complete!

You can catch up on the entire story right here: https://twitter.com/TomJubert/status/1294393221653696517?s=20

And you can read my original design for the project here: http://tom-jubert.blogspot.com/2020/08/project-announcement-twitter-game.html 

And now I NEED YOUR HELP.

It has continued to be so much fun for me to write this game. I have two other projects right now, including Talos Principle 2: The Taloist Principlest Yet, but the freedom to write what I want, when I want on this Twitter thing still absolutely thrills me. 

The low player count is a blessing and a curse. If I had a large, paying audience for this project I could happily do little else. And at the same time, writing for just myself and the 10-20 people who vote on each decision point is totally liberating. I don't need to worry myself with polish, or marketing, or teamwork. It really is a dream, and I don't care if only a handful ever read it, so long as someone out there gets something from it.

That's where YOU come in. I am craving the kind of feedback I'm used to on a bigger project. I want playtesting. I want reviews. I want complaints. I want ENGAGEMENT. Knowing what you enjoy about my work and what you don't is the greatest possible motivation for me to keep going.

So. If you are a fan of my work, this work, or are otherwise thus inclined, I would very much appreciate you doing any or all of the following:

- Comment your thoughts, reactions, suggestions, doubts, full reviews and any other feedback. Do that here, on Twitter, or by email.

- Retweet the start of the story on twitter, or just your favourite moments. Maybe even retweet with a comment to your followers describing the game and encouraging them to check it out.

- Engage with the new episode, which starts right here: https://twitter.com/TomJubert/status/1341131581658976257 

- Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/tomjubert 

If you only have energy for one of the above and want to know which is most valuable to me, please prioritise the first bullet and share with me your reaction to the story, however you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment